Friday, April 13, 2007

The Rest of the Clan...

I thought it was about time you got introduced to the rest of the Family Thomas - there we are, all staring at something to the left. Wonder what it is. I had some trouble drawing Mum, but the male contingent of the Thomases look uncannily like their cartoon equivalents.

It seems quite the vogue - with dovegreyreader at any rate, and where she leads, I follow - to give family members more blogworthy names. And I have done so. But what to choose? With The Provincial Lady in mind (watch out for her over the next few days), I have christened Dad as Our Vicar, for such is his profession. In the same line, note Our Vicar's Wife (she is decidedly nicer and less verbose than Delafield's creation, fear not.) Our Vicar's Wife also answers to The Chef. And then comes The Carbon Copy, who is nine (or, if you believe him, seven) minutes
younger than me. That's your lot. Give them a cheery wave, they might well be cropping up in the future.

Whilst The Carbon Copy is being mentioned, here's a little literary challenge. Books with twins in... any ideas? Off the top of my head, can only think of:
Double Act - Jacqueline Wilson
Twins at St. Clare's - Enid Blyton
The Ridleys - Richmal Crompton

Twins surely can't be the preserve of children's writers?

No comments:

Post a Comment