Thursday, November 8, 2007

Youth is wasted...


Booking Through Thursday has been absent here for a while, but fills in the mental gap today -

Would you say that you read about the same amount now as when you were younger? More? Less? Why?

Well, even with a birthday having just gone by, I don't think I could describe myself as old... so I'm going to have to compare to when I was reading children's books, I suppose. Ironically, I remember finding it quite difficult, learning to read - well, in comparison to The Carbon Copy, anyway. That's the thing with twins - even a tiny bit of difference is magnified, so the fact that it took me a few weeks longer felt like quite a big issue. Hasn't held me back too mu
ch in the reading stakes.

Let's see. I don't really remember a time when I didn't love reading, when I didn't have a book on the go. During University I read fairly few books outside the remit of my course, but that was time constraint rather than anything else. As I develop my reading tastes, especially since I started bl
ogging, the tbr pile gets steadily higher and higher. I remember the days when I couldn't think of anything to read next - so I'd just read the same book again. Right now, I've probably got enough to last me until retirement. My book-obsession has only got worse - I would never go anywhere without a book in my bag, usually two, for emergencies. As a child, that probably wasn't such an issue. SO, I think I read more now than when I was younger, but it's all relative...

How about you? Has there been a period in your life when you've read more or less than normal? Tell us why!

No comments:

Post a Comment