Monday, December 10, 2007

Secret Santa

I attended rather a fun Secret Santa party this evening, and this is what I got:


1) All Passion Spent by Vita Sackville-West
2) A Month in the Country by J. L. Carr
3) The Go-Between on DVD

Doesn't Santa know me well? Helps that I talk a lot about my literary likes and dislikes - always feel bad when I realise I don't know the preferences of those around me, when mine are well known. Perhaps because, where many of my friends have devotion towards certain sports or instruments or activities, I profess a deep-set adoration for Virginia Woolf and Jane Austen. Hmm. BUT these wonderful gifts are much appreciated, and perform that wonderful feat of being both beautiful and having great contents. Or so I assume - have not read/seen any of them, but am most confident. And now I can join in Cornflower's Book Group!

No comments:

Post a Comment