Sunday, December 16, 2007

Top Five... of 2005

2005 wasn't a great year for reading. Not for me, that is. Somehow I only managed to compile a top five of the year, since nothing else I'd read qualified... shame. It was the first full year of university, and I suppose that meant I read mainly chapters of things and so forth. Did get through Ulysses, but that didn't come close to making the top 5, believe you me... anyway, without further ado:



5. Lady Into Fox - David Garnett
Which I talked about here...

4. Jacob's Room - Virginia Woolf

Ginny strikes again.

3. The Mill on the Floss - George Eliot

Still the only Eliot I've finished, and surprised I only placed this at number three, since it's one of my favourite novels. Very strange title, if you think about it.

2. The Long Afternoon - Giles Waterfield

Angela sent this out on the dovegreybooks postal book group, and I thank her for it. Look out for it in my 50 Books...

1. Blind Man's Buff - Richmal Crompton
Must eulogise about Ms. Crompton at greater length, one of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment