Monday, January 7, 2008

Eeeeeee!


It's fair to say that I'm pretty excited.

If this were the only thing to come from my blog, then it would all be worth it. Not that blogging is a chore. But I can't ask for much more than came thr
ough my letterbox - the paperback version of Angela Young's wonderful Speaking of Love. It was one of my favourite reads of last year, and the original review can be found here. Do go and see what I thought.

Angela read my review and wrote about it on her blog, and obviousl
y her publishers - the aptly named Beautiful Books - also got to hear about. Then a while later I got an email asking if I would mind them citing me on the back of the paperback - did I mind! You can guess that, not only did I not mind, but I was deliriously happy. This is still Angela's wonderful, sensitive, emotive, beautiful book - but I like to think I share a tiny, tiny fraction of the cover, at least. Here I am:


So now you have two reasons to buy it. Not yet, though - wait until March. I'll let you know when, of course.

And for those counting, this doesn't contravene my self-imposed restriction on book buying during January, since this was a gift. Canny, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment