Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Book Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday on a Wednesday?


Well, I started writing this post last night, with the intention of waking up early in putting it out there before the good people of the world woke up, but I overslept and so that didn't happen. Oops. But at least it's still a Thursday! This week's question:

All other things (like price and storage space) being equal, given a choice in a perfect world, would you rather have paperbacks in your library? Or hardcovers? And why?

Hmm. Not as simple as it sounds. Ideally, I'd have a mix - ol
d hardbacks and new paperbacks. Nothing I love more than a 1930s hardback (except for God, family, sleep, sandwiches... ahem) but I have little time for modern hardbacks. So cumbersome and attention-seeking. Some beautiful paperbacks, though, add colour and diversity to my mellow shelves. If I had to choose between the two, and not be allowed my compromise... hmm... well, I'm biased in that my favourite authors aren't available in paperback and never were, so I'll have to choose hardback. I could always add colour with soft furnishings...


Over to you...?

No comments:

Post a Comment