Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hesperus Week : Hesperus Competition


FREE BOOK ALERT!


That ought to grab your attention, if you're anything like me. I'm delighted to tell you that, as part of Hesperus Week, the lovely people at Hesperus are offering one of you lot any one of their backlist, gratis. Hurray!

You probably know the drill -
just put your name in the comments, or email me at simondavidthomas@yahoo.co.uk if the comments box is playing up, and I'll put your name in.

The list of books Hesperus print can be found at their website, just click on the 'titles' or 'authors' or 'subjects' in the left-hand column, and have a look through. You can even search by the Foreword Writers - and they have snared some wonderful writers for these. Doris Lessing, Margaret Drabble, A.S. Byatt, Germaine Greer, Victoria Glendinning, Umberto Eco, Hermione Lee, Simon Schama, Fay Weldon, Zadie Smith, Will Self... I absolutely defy anyone to leave their catalogue without wanting something. Personally, I want more or less the lot...

It might be nice if, with your name in the comments, you suggested the book you've got your eye on - though this is, of course, completely optional. A word of warning, though - some of the books listed aren't yet published, or aren't on the backlist. Have a look at the publication date - anything 2007 or earlier and we're cooking with gas, as they say.

Don't worry if this is your first time to Stuck-in-a-Book, or you've never commented before - the more the merrier.

I've littered this post with a few pictoral suggestions... but don't let me influence you... have a look for yourself! And don't forget to put your name in the comments. Good luck! I'll leave it open until Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment