Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Saturday

I got back from London late last Friday night, and woke up very early Saturday morning as a result of jet lag. In fact, I was up so early that I ended up eating lunch at 10:30. I then went to the Upper East Side for brunch with my client Brian Jones and his editor at Arcade (If I was a hobbit than this eating schedule would have been fine).

We had a wonderful time, and then we all headed over to the majestic New York Society Library, where Brian was scheduled to speak that afternoon. He gave a wonderful talk that captured the essence of Washington Irving and his celebrity, and he had the whole audience enthralled. An audio of his talk can be heard here.


Still, I have to admit that I started to fade a little bit by the time I got home and I was looking forward to a nap on my couch. But somehow i had forgotten that the Spurs were playing Phoenix in the first game of the playoffs. Of course, it ended up being one of the best games I've ever seen, a thrilling double overtime victory over those whiny Suns.

As you can imagine, I didn't even get a wink of snooze time.

But my Saturday wasn't over yet. Once the game ended my wife and I headed out to a small gathering to celebrate Jim Butcher's recent book success (he's on The New York Times Bestseller list for SMALL FAVOR and has a new graphic novel out). I had a wonderful time, and the wife confirmed after that I didn't slobber too much - a legitimate concern not just because I'm a big fan, but because by then I was seeing double.


We got home. I crashed hard. A pretty cool Saturday, I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment