Thursday, July 17, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

This week's question is quite appropriate for me, as I've got next week off work, and shall be going home for a few days, starting tomorrow. Might mean blogging is sporadic, I warn you now...

Do you buy books while on vacation/holiday?

Do you have favourite bookstores that you only get to visit while away on a trip?

What/Where are they?


I can just about hear my parents' hollow laugh from here about the first question... yes, I do buy books on holiday! Many, many books. I'm fairly familiar with the stock of my local secondhand bookshops - going away means there are wholly unmined sources. And I mine 'em. I try to leave my suitcase about half empty, to leave plenty of room for all the purchases.

Favourite bookshops visited only on trips? Well, before we moved to Somerset we used to pass by the Bookbarn on our trips to the South West, and that's a truly wonderful place. Now we're close to it, we don't seem to visit all that much. Generally, the pleasure for me is finding bookshops serendipitously. Mmmm books.

Howsabout yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment