Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Long and Short of It

Inspiration fails me once more, and I have 400 pages of The Book Thief to read before Tuesday, so I shall put forward another brief poll. Maybe I should make a post which collects these together... so far we've discovered that Thomas Hardy and Charles Dickens are neck-and-neck; everybody except me would choose music over art; Jane Eyre pips Wuthering Heights to the post. Something a little less specific today:

Long books or short books?


Obviously we all read some of each, but which draws you in? An enormous novel you can lose yourself in for weeks, or a novella you can get through in an afternoon? Gigantic biographies or Very Brief Lives? Perhaps you don't have any preference at all, but most people I've spoken to lean one way or the author. Get voting...

No comments:

Post a Comment