Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Reading Wrecks

You guys might remember that I love, honour, and obey the wonderful Cake Wrecks website. To quote the tagline, it's where professional cakes go horribly, hilariously wrong. What's not to like?

But Jen, who writes the blogs, also appreciates really good cake decorating. So every Sunday she shows cakes that are excellent - probably aided by those each week which make you want to cry, they're so bad.

This Sunday it was book-themed. 'Book' seems to be synonymous with 'children's book', but that's fair enough, as sadly adults get fewer themed-cakes than children do. Though I've had Mr. Men cakes more since I turned 18 than before.

Basically, go and have a look at them. I looked through the FAQs and couldn't find anything saying not to post pictures from the website, so here is an example:



Awww. I want a birthday cake. Right now. With a Miss Hargreaves theme.
(N.B. my birthday is only, err, five months away... so I deserve a cake, right?)

Enjoy! Hope the weather is as sunny where you are as it is in Oxford. And hope you aren't going mad, like me, over the dissertation that never ends... (only two weeks left, then fun, frolic[k]ing, and a road trip to Devon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment