Sunday, July 5, 2009

Go! Find! Buy!


I'm pretty certain today, Monday, is the day the Bloomsbury Group books come out - Henrietta's War by Joyce Dennys and The Brontes Went To Woolworths by Rachel Ferguson. Searches for those sorts of words will bring up my reviews of them, but suffice it to say I love them both. Henrietta's War, especially, is a book which should never have gone out of print. I'm really hoping Bloomsbury reprint the sequel, Henrietta Sees It Through, but this of course depends upon the success of Henrietta's War.

Usually I don't force books on people, I just give my view and leave you to decide - but with The Bloomsbury Group I'm going to get a little pushier. It's a bit of a bold move, doing a reprint series, and something we really need to encourage and support. With that in mind, do please buy buy buy these reprints! They're great books, striking editions, and affordable too. Discounted to £5.99 from the Bloomsbury website, and even less from other online sources. How many new novels are that cheap?

Expect this sort of peer pressure at intervals through the year - the Bloomsbury Group are published in three instalments of two. So... buy online, buy in a shop, but get these books and read 'em - you're in for a treat. No, sorry, six treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment