Monday, September 7, 2009

Launch Pad


I've just been at the launch of Terence Frisby's Kisses on a Postcard in London, to which the lovely people of Bloomsbury invited me. I haven't mentioned the book on here yet because I only finished it on the coach to London - and now I'm far too tired - but suffice to say it had me (discretely) weeping on the Oxford Tube, and is a wonderful autobiographical account of being an evacuee to Cornwall. More very soon...

But I couldn't let the day end without saying what a joy and a pleasure it was to attend the launch, with Elaine from Random Jottings, and everybody I met was so lovely, welcoming, and uniting in praise of Terry Frisby's book. I can't remember everyone's names, so I shan't mention any of them, but everyone at Bloomsbury - I loved meeting you, and had a great evening! And now I want to come and work with you all. I will mention *one* name, actually, and say how nice it was to meet Penelope Beech, the talented artist behind the covers of the Bloomsbury Group series. Oh, but everyone else too - perhaps you might break anonymity and say hello in the comments?

More about Kisses on a Postcard as soon as my brain is alert (isn't this just the journalistic fervour so needed in this day and age? Ahem.)

No comments:

Post a Comment