Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Answer me do


Oh dear, it's another night when I'm feeling too sleepy to write out my planned book review (and it's a Virago Modern Classic... there, that's whetted your appetite).

Instead, I'm going to break all sorts of BBC confidentiality thingummies, and offer a quiz question which I heard whilst seeing Radio 4 programme 'The Write Stuff' being recorded on Sunday. It won't be broadcast for a few weeks, I don't think, so when it's on you can pretend you always knew the answer...

It's an odd-one-out question. They gave characters from these books, and people had to work out what the book was, but I can't remember the character names and I'm skipping that bit. Seeing The Write Stuff made me realise how little I really know about books... but, once they'd got as far as the book titles, I cottoned on to this one. And it's rather nice.

So, without further ado - which is the Odd One Out from this list? And why, of course...
The Canterbury Tales - Geoffrey Chaucer
The Return of the Native - Thomas Hardy
The Waste Land - T S Eliot
Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell

Bonne chance! (And no cheating, now)

No comments:

Post a Comment