Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Project 24: The Agony and... no, just the agony, really...

Project 24 is starting to get difficult... I'm already halfway through April on my allowance (if you count the book which is winging its way to me at the moment, to be revealed when it arrives) and, though there aren't many specific titles I've had to avoid, I just miss book shopping...

But today was the first time that I stood in front of a book, something of a battle of wits, forcing myself not to buy it. The book in question is The Spy in the Bookshop: Letters Between Heywood Hill and John Saumarez Smith 1966-1974. It was in the £2 bookshop in Oxford which I walk past everyday. I really enjoyed the letters of Heywood Hill and Nancy Mitford, The Bookshop at 10, Curzon Street, and would love to have the follow-up... but I'm not excited enough about it to make it one of 24. But it's only £2. But... but... but... this is so difficult!

I need to start planning what I'm going to do in January 2011... I'm thinking trip to Hay-on-Wye, trip to the Bookbarn, rather large splurge on my Amazon basket...

Tell me - if you're joining in, which books have made Project 24 (or whatever number you've chosen) especially difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment