Monday, March 1, 2010

the best laid plans...

I got halfway through writing about Beside the Sea by Veronique Olmi, and now my eyes are too bleary to continue... frailty thy name is apparently Simon.


Instead, I shall wish you a happy St. David's Day (as it draws to a close) and, in honour of the occasion, ask you to name your favourite book by a Welsh author...

Mine is the wonderful autobiography Under Storm's Wing by Helen Thomas, containing As It Was and World Without End, about her life with the poet Edward Thomas. It's over there -------> in the 50 Books, and is one of the most moving books I've ever read, the last paragraph has stayed with me ever since I read it.

Over to you... if in doubt, I'll accept anyone with the surname 'Thomas', 'Jones', or 'Llangochwellyn'.

No comments:

Post a Comment