Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Goodies

It has not been a barren Easter, book-wise. My friend Lucy and I (she is also on Project24) exchanged books as Easter presents (admittedly picking from each other's Amazon wishlists) and I was also lucky enough to win a prize draw of Agatha Raisin books from Simon S. What bounty!


There they are - except for A Spy in the Bookshop, which Luce also got me and which is still in Oxford. I mentioned it on here a while ago, bemoaning the fact that I didn't have it, and now I do - aren't blogs useful?

So, those in the picture - Winifred Holtby's 1936 memoir of Virginia Woolf (which I am really glad Lucy chose, as it's the one I secretly wanted most) and four Agatha Raisin books - Agatha Raisin and... the Walkers of Dembley; the Quiche of Death; the Vicious Vet, and the Potted Gardener. I've just spotted that the series also has Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham. Since I went to school in Evesham, I should check that one out too...

Hope you all had a lovely Easter - and if you got books instead of chocolate, or even as well as chocolate, let me know what you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment