Sunday, July 4, 2010

We're all going on a Summer Holiday!

By the time you read this, I will be... well, possibly at home in Somerset, but also possibly heading off in a car with Colin to the wild unknowns of Yorkshire and the Peak District. We'll be waving cheerily to the Bronte sisters, popping in for a cuppa with Debo Mitford, and playing plenty of Lameball. Lest non-UK readers are thinking this is a game unique to this Sceptred Isle, do not be fooled. It is unique to the Thomas twins. And probably lots of other people who have independently added a very minor twist to throw-and-catch.

So, I couldn't leave you without letting you know the books which are accompanying me on hols, could I? Always the trickiest decision, and as always I've madly overestimated the amount of reading I'll get done - but as I'm sure most of you will agree, the idea of running out of books is a nightmare of epic proportions.

The Little Stranger - Sarah Waters
I borrowed this from a friend so very, very long ago...

Remember, Remember - Hazel McHaffie

Wish Her Safe At Home - Stephen Benatar

Andrina and other stories - George Mackay Brown
Three books I've previously mentioned in Weekend Miscellanies: last weekend, here, and here.

26a - Diana Evans
It was in my list to read back here; second time lucky! By a twin, about twins.

And I'm sure there was another one... but it's deep down inside my bag, so will come as a nice surprise when I unpack... I'll let you know how I got on with any or (perhaps) all of them, upon my return!

No comments:

Post a Comment