Wednesday, December 8, 2010

And the rest is silence

The time has come the walrus said... this is officially my last post on this blog.

So where have I been the last year and why am I calling it quits now? Simply, I'm extremely busy. I have a growing business and a growing family, and as a result I just don't seem to have the time anymore to keep this blog updated. Too, because my blogging colleagues (listed to the left) do an absolutely wonderful job providing tips and information on the publishing business, I've felt that readers of this blog are in good hands.

Of course, you likely inferred my departure from blogging from my lack of posts over the past year, but this makes it official. I'll continue to keep the site up so you can look through the archives, and you can always email me with questions and I'll try to respond if I have the time. I also plan to write about publishing for various print and online publications from time to time, and I may even open a Twitter account if I get around to it.

My thanks to all of you who have read and commented herein, and I wish you all the best of success in your publishing endeavors.

A few parting quotes:

How do I feel about books?
"So many books, so little time." - Frank Zappa.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx.

How do I feel about printed books?
"No furniture is as charming as books." - Sydney Smith.

How do I feel about the future of publishing?
"There's a hunger for stories in all of us, adults too. We need stories so much that we're even willing to read bad books to get them, if the good books won't supply them." - Phillip Pullman.

"Books are humanity in print." - Barbara Tuchman.

"We live for books." - Umberto Eco.

Why do I read?
"Medicine for the soul." - Inscription over the door of the Library of Thebes.

No comments:

Post a Comment