Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Persephone Secret Santa!


Today is the day to unveil our Persephone Secret Santas, so it gives me very great pleasure to unveil my Christmas gifts - here they are:


That's On the Other Side: Letters to My Children from Germany 1940-46 by Mathilde Wolff-Monckeberg - one of only two Persephone Books I didn't have and wanted, which makes me realise how many are languishing unread on my shelves. Talking of which, I also received A Tale of Two Cities by (of course) Charles Dickens - Mr. Dickens is one of those authors I love, but never seem to read. I've read three of his novels, but none for the last seven years.

And now to unveil my kind Santa - it is Rachel of Flowers and Stripes - thanks Rachel! I must confess that I haven't read Rachel's blog before, but of course I will be doing so now.

Many thanks to lovely Claire for organising this, and pop over to see who got what from whom in
Persephone Secret Santa fun. I have a feeling that the receiver of my Santa gift may have a barren day, as events conspired against me, and it didn't get to the post box in time to get to... but no, I shan't spoil the surprise just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment