Tuesday, April 5, 2011

W. Somerset Maugham


I have yet to read anything by W. Somerset Maugham, but my friend Barbara-from-Ludlow is a fan, and I feel certain I would like his work. Which is why I went and bought this little lot...


Attractive, no? If you'd like to do the same, The Book People are selling ten novels for £9.99 here. I sound like an unsubtle marketing plot, don't I? Well, I'm not - I just thought I'd let other book-fiends know where they could snap up a deal! I wouldn't use The Book People for small publishers or lesser-known authors, because I know they don't pass on much profit - but I think the estate of W. Somerset Maugham and Vintage Books are doing just fine.

Any WSM-aficianados out there? Where should I start? I also have Theatre, which I'm quite keen to read, but at least now I know I won't run out in a hurry...

No comments:

Post a Comment