Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mystery Book


One of my Bookbarn companions, and a member of my online book group, is a lovely lady called Carol. Whilst we were at the Bookbarn she quizzed Diney and me about a book she'd read years and years ago and wanted to track down - only, of course, she couldn't remember the author or the title. She could give a description, though... and I volunteered to spread the net a bit wider, and ask you lovely folk. Here's what Carol remembers - please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas! Or, indeed, if you're similarly on the hunt for a book but can't remember the title...
It must have been around in the late 1940s as it was a Sunday School prize of my mother's. It was about a girl who went to stay/live with her cousins and I think the name Pamela may have come in somewhere, or maybe Jennifer. It was set during the Peninsula War and there was lots of talk of blunderbusses and Martello Towers. I think it had an orange cover (not sure I remembered the colour the other day, and maybe I just remember a different colour every time I think about it!!) Anyway, I think mustard yellow, and by the time it came to me there was no dustjacket. No memory at all of author, name of book or publisher, so this is it, I'm afraid...

Get your thinking caps on!

No comments:

Post a Comment