Thursday, May 19, 2011

Possibly Persephone?


Another quick post, as I seem to be constantly too sleepy to write proper reviews - the little space on the bookshelves above my bed for books waiting to be reviewed is getting pretty chock-a-block.


I'm off to an event at Persephone Books next Wednesday, called Possibly Persephone?, where people can suggest books which they think would be good in the series. I've chosen the book I'm going to recommend, but I'll keep it secret here until after the event. The books which I think would fit most perfectly into Persephone's canon are Helen Thomas' (auto)biographies As It Was and World Without End - it's like they were written to be Persephone Books, but they've already been given the Persephone shake of the head, for whatever reason. So, I'll try my luck with another one! I don't know if any of the previous Possibly Persephone? events have resulted in published titles, but it should be fun nonetheless.

So, of course, I'm turning this over to you - which neglected book do you think would make the next great Persephone title? Thinking caps on...

No comments:

Post a Comment