Friday, July 29, 2011

For Your Amusement...

Ah, the inaugural post of a blog. It's kinda weird writing this thing. I mean, in normal blog posts, you're talking to an existing audience, but in this case, there is no audience. I mean, I just started this thing half an hour ago. So I guess I'm really writing to future readers, aren't I? Let's take a minute to address them now.

Well, hello there, reader from the future! I realize that there are probably so many other things you could be reading right now, as you ride your flying space-train to your super awesome space-job in the laser-mines, and I just wanted to thank you for spending it here!

YES. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE FUTURE IS LIKE, FOOLISH HUMAN.
So now that you're comfy, I may as well introduce myself. My name is Bryce, this is my lovely wife Kristy, and we are aspiring writers.

I know, I know. Terrible idea, right? But this really is just a natural progression for us. You see, the two of us have a saying: We shall only embark on a dream if it's widely considered to be a terrible idea. Last year, I was a shooting instructor for the blind. The year before that, Kristy worked as the hot-tub cleaner at the Jersey Shore mansion. And the year before that, I was a bull-fighter.

This is going into your performance review.
So why are we blogging about this? Well, all those other times, friends and families kept commenting on how much fun it was watching each of our terrible ideas germinate, sprout, and then bloom into terrible, terrible consequences.

And let's not kid ourselves. Everything we've read has told us that this road to becoming a novelist will be one of the longest, emotionally-scarring, soul-crushing experiences there is. Which means to anyone watching, this is probably going to HIGH-larious.

I LOVE THINGS THAT GET CRUSHED! SUBSCRIBED!
So, come along with us! We'll laugh, we'll cry, we might even learn a thing or too! I don't know where this journey will lead us, but I can promise you one thing: It won't be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment