Sunday, August 7, 2011

Page 56

I spotted a fun and familiar idea on Facebook, to celebrate National Book Week, courtesy of my friend Katie. It comes with an unrelated picture of a horseshoe-horse, from Town Tree Nature Garden, which I visited yesterday.


The idea is to grab the nearest book (I wonder if any of us are more than arm's-length away from a book?), turn to p.56, and copy out the fifth sentence without identifying the book. Fairly pointless, but also fairly fun. I'll do three - and probably edit to add the book info in after a while. Guesses are welcome! And then, of course, have a go yourself.

1.) 'It is like turning such a brilliant light onto a tangle of wool that one doesn't see the woollen tangle at all, only some peculiar rhythm of curves.'

2.) 'This Miss Woodhouse was intolerable!'

3.) '"Look," he said to his people, "the Israelites have become far too numerous for us."'


No comments:

Post a Comment