Thursday, March 22, 2012

A couple of reminders...

First reminder!  There is one month to go until Muriel Spark Reading Week!


Quite a long way off, yes, but perhaps time to put in an order at the library, or root through your bookshelves... or, if you have an e-reader, Open Road emailed me to let me know that they have just released eight Muriel Spark ebooks.  More info here - but I'm pleased to see lots of rarer Spark titles have been included, alongside her most famous book The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.  Amongst the titles are two that I'm planning to read during the week (or in the weeks leading up to it, as I've sneakily started already) - The Only Problem and Reality and Dream.  These ebooks are available in the US and EU countries (excluding UK, sadly) - so it might well be easier than finding hard copies in your area.


My second reminder is about something happening rather sooner - my contribution to Elizabeth Taylor Centenary Year is hosting the discussion on A View of the Harbour, and that will be taking place next Monday.


You'll be pleased to know that I've now actually read the novel, and I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts and hearing yours.  If you've already posted a review of the novel, go and add a link to Laura's Mr. Linky, and I'll also pop your link in a post here.  Otherwise, keep your eyes peeled for Monday morning's review!

No comments:

Post a Comment