Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dodsworth in Rome by Tim Egan - ESSENTIAL

Egan, Tim.  Dodsworth in RomeHoughton Mifflin Harcourt, 2012 (Though it was first published in 2011). $4.99.  PICTURE BOOK.  This is a Level 3 Green Light Readers Early Reader book, for readers who can read independently.  It tells the story of Dodsworth and his friend duck.  They both go to Rome together and have many crazy adventures there: like ride on a scooter to see the sites, eat gelato, and enter a pizza dough tossing contest.  I absolutely love this book.  Egan has three other Dodsworth books, and I will own them...soon.  The duck is hilarious (like when he is disturbed that the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel doesn't have a duck on it).  My wife loves.  My son loves it.  My wife and I think that we would read it to ourselves for pleasure reading.  It is that enjoyable.  It doesn't feel like an early reader book at all.  You must have this book on your shelf, and probably all of the Dodsworth books.  EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL.  Brent Smith, Reading Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment