Thursday, June 21, 2012

Three More Stories You Can Read to Your Cat by Sara Swan Miller - OPTIONAL

Miller, Sara Swan.  Three More Stories You Can Read to Your Cat, illustrated by True Kelley.  Sandpiper (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt), 2012 (originally published in hard cover in 2002). $5.99 (paperback).  PICTURE BOOK.  This book contains three short stories: "Happy Birthday," "Funny White Stuff," and "Breakfast Time."  In the first story, the cat receives birthday presents; in the second, the cat thinks he wants to go outside in the snow, but the owner knows the cat really doesn't want to; and in the third, the cat wants to  eat breakfast, but it is still frightfully early in the morning.  My son really enjoyed this book.  I felt dumber for having read it.  My son liked that it was always about the cat and what he wants.  I thought it was a waste of time.  However, there are like a gazillion titles in the series (stories to read to your dog, cat, or even teddy bear).  There must be people out there buying this book.  I wouldn't recommend it, but my son would.  EL (K-3) - OPTIONAL.  Brent Smith, Reading Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment