Sunday, July 22, 2012

Gentleman, Start Your Stalking!

It's time to break out the ski mask, polish up the ol' night vision goggles, and become one with the night.

Any by that I mean, it's Agent Stalking time!

Psst...I hear you're open for queries...
This isn't our first time stalking. We did this last year, the last time we queried. And this time, I think we're going to have to be a little bit more careful if we want things to go better. Though that being said, I doubt things could go WORSE than last time, considering we got pepper-sprayed by Steve Barr and Janet Reid sic-ed her pet sharks on us.

Release the hounds.
So ANYHOO, while we fully intend to stalk our agents to within an inch of their life, I think we're going to stick to Internet stalking this time. Less restraining orders that way.

Fortunately, Internet Jesus has seen fit to gift us with the greatest stalking tool known to mankind: Twitter!

The T stands for Target.

When I'm in stalking mode, I literally spend, like 90% of my time on this thing. All the people we've met, all the friends we've made doing this little blog of ours, it's amazing how many people have friends who are friends who are friends of agents. What's that saying? That everyone on this planet is connected to everyone else by six degrees of separation? Well, as we crawl our Twitter-net, I've found that that's absolutely true.

And of course, QueryTracker. I don't know who made this site, or why it even exists, but I thank my lucky stars (the ones who don't have restraining orders out on us) that it does, because this thing is completely invaluable to people like us. It tracks agents, who they work for, even how often they request! If you're in the process of querying, you should totally check this site out.

So how about you? Do you stalk agents before you query? If so, how often have you been pepper-sprayed?

No comments:

Post a Comment