Friday, July 20, 2012

Stuck-in-a-Book's Weekend Miscellany

My weekend is looking pretty busy - a wedding later today, and then packing, packing, packing.  For I am moving house - to Headington, just east of Oxford.  If anyone would like to update their address books, email me and I'll let you know my new address...  My actual move date is next Wednesday, so I may go a bit quiet, depending on how internet goes in the new place, and whether or not I manage to prepare some blog posts in advance.


1.) The book - nearly two years ago, I was surprised by how much I liked Ned Beauman's Boxer, Beetle, and now his next novel has been published by Sceptre.  It's called The Teleportation Accident (great title; great cover) and you can read more about it here.

2.) The link - is hilarious.  Fancy eavesdropping on a sleep talking man?  His wife records his alter ego (he does know about this!) and then transcribes.  It's so funny!  Have a listen here.

3.) The blog post - it's that time already!  Rosamund Lehmann Reading Week starts on Monday.  When I first heard about it, I didn't know I'd be moving house... I'm still very, very keen to join in, but... well, I'll try really hard.  If you're not in the process of packing up all your belongings, you should definitely join in. Let Florence tell you more here.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment