Monday, October 15, 2012

Now by Morris Gleitzman - OPTIONAL


Gleitzman, Morris Now, 184 p. Henry Holt, 2012.  $17.  Content: G (some bullying, some danger, but nothing graphic).  

Felix is now a grandfather and he lives alone with his granddaughter Zelda in Australia.  Zelda is new and is being bullied by a girl at her school.  When the bully steals the original Zelda’s locket, our Zelda will do anything she has to in order to get it back.  When she thinks she has started a brush fire, Zelda is desperate to do something right.  

As much as I loved Once and Then, is book completely escapes me.  I did not like it.  As much as I love Felix, his granddaughter mystifies me.  You will probably have to buy this because kids will insist on reading every book in a series, but only buy one.  

EL, MS – OPTIONAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment