Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunshine Blog Award

Thanks to my CP Amanda Foody over at It's All in my Head for tagging us for the Sunshine Blog Award!

Now, she made me promise that while answering these questions that come with the award, I'd be on my best behavior, unlike last time. So here we go!

1. What is your Favorite Christmas/Festive movie?
Christmas Vacation, hands down. We used to watch that movie every single year, and it basically represented everything that was awesome about Christmas in a single, comically oversize LaserDisc (yes, we were one of the 5 people who thought LaserDisc players were a good idea. Shut up.)




2. What is your Favorite Flower?
Easy. Chrysanthemums.

Back story: I absolutely hate insects. They're creepy, they're crawly, and sometimes the sting/bite/lay eggs in your eyes, which I no likey. And chrysanthemums are like nerve gas to bugs. So under the rule of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", that makes chrysanthemums my bestest friend in the whole wide world. One day when I get a house, I'm just going to cover it with these things, and it will be the terror of insect-kind everywhere. Insect-parents will tell their insect-kids scary stories about us to keep them in line. Insect-teenagers will take their dates to watch horror movies starring us.

And then it turns out the flowers were calling...FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!

Fucking insects.


3. What is your Favorite Non-Alcoholic Beverage?
Non...alcoholic...beverage? I'm sorry I don't understand the question.


4. What is your Passion?
My passion? Oh, I'm passionate about many things. I'm passionate about reading. I'm passionate about travelling. I'm passionate about insect genocide.

But mostly, I'm passionate about writing. Whether it's editing my YA MS, or sketching out my new MG WIP, or writing a blog post here and there, I just have to keep writing. Writing, writing, writing.

5. What is your Favorite Time of Year?
Springtime. I live in Canada, so spring is a big deal for us. It's when the 10-foot-high snow banks melt and the country becomes livable by human beings again.

6. What is your Favorite Time of Day?
Nighttime. When all the distractions of the day go to bed and I can actually get some goddamned writing done.

7. What is your Favorite Physical Activity?
I just love destroying things. Anything. Especially if it doesn't deserve to be destroyed.

Ha! Take that! That'll teach you for existing, whatever-you-are!

8. What is your Favorite Vacation Spot?
Aruba. Ah Aruba. The happy little island filled with sunshine, beaches and adorable horsies. What's not to love?
Hooray! I'm home!



See, Amanda? Now that wasn't so bad, was it?

And a big shout out to all the other blogs full of Sunshine. Go check them out!
Sophia Chang
Coleen Patrick
Gnetch
Mark Carson
Stacy Stokes
Guys, you can pick up your award and answer the questions on your blog whenever you have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment