Wednesday, May 8, 2013

An Awesome Book of Love by Dallas Clayton –GIFT


Clayton, Dallas An Awesome Book of Love 56 pgs. HarperCollins, 2012. $12.98.  Content: Language: G (0 swears);  Mature Content: G ;  Violence: G.
An illustrated poem about love, starting out with all the differences that things apart, how much one can love, what love means, and more. Its really hard to describe the quirky lyrical style of this author.
I really like this author’s books, I think he has a unique perspective and style! I read another of his books, An Awesome book, to almost all of the elementary students at my school to inspire them, but this one is a bit different. Its more like a speech you would give to someone you, yourself are in love with. I think students will be squeamish about the repeated “I love you’s”, then miss some of the more amazing subtle points (Such as “letting go when you want to hold on”). Give this as a gift!
GIFT Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment