Friday, September 13, 2013

Blog Break

Hi everyone,

I don't want to disappear without letting you know, so this is to say that I shan't be uploading new posts here until mid October, because I am in the final stages of finishing my DPhil thesis, and it's very time-consuming, exhausting, and a little bit stressful.  Something has to go, for a bit, and I'm afraid that's Stuck-in-a-Book.  I probably won't have much time for reading blogs either, sadly.

My deadline is 3 October, and then I will be in America for a couple of weeks - during which time I'll be seeing a couple of American bloggers, so I'll be able to report back on that.

There is another series (the fourth!) of My Life in Books coming - apologies if you're one of the lovely people who has taken part, I had intended to have it prepared to appear while I was in America, but that's also not going to be possible.  But look forward to hearing from fourteen more bloggers about their lives in books at some point in October or November!

And I'm also afraid this means no more Great British Bake Off recaps for a while.  I don't know if it'll still be on when I'm back from America, but I'll make sure I blog about the final, at least, even if it's happened a while ago.

Right, I think that's everything.  Next time you hear from me I won't be a student any more, marking the end of my, hmm, 23 years of education, I think(!)  Hopefully I'll have lots of books read and bought to tell you all about.

love, Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment