Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Noisy Book by Soledad Bravi - ADVISABLE

Bravi, Soledad  The Noisy Book  Gecko Press, 2012.  $16.95  BOARD BOOK  Content: G.  

This is a book full of pictures and their sounds.  Each page reads in a similar format, such as: “The trumpet goes tootle toot”.   There are multiple pictures (119 pages worth) of different objects that make sound.  The page labels the object and then says the sound.  This is such a fun book for little people who are learning their sounds.  The illustrations are simple and bright and the repetition of the format keeps little people’s interest.  I have a couple of complaints: first, there are a couple of pages that have nothing to do with sound, “The power outlet goes NO!” and “The snail does nothing but move its elegant feelers”.  In a book that has rhythm and consistency for so many pages, it’s disconcerting to be stopped by these two random pages.  And second, it’s really long-which as the reader I found myself hiding pages when I turned the page to get to the end (but I did not pull anything over on my son).  Other than that, my child loved it and it’s a fun activity read for young people.  

PREK-ADVISABLE.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.


No comments:

Post a Comment