Thursday, October 15, 2009

A quick reminder...

It's too late for me to sort out the post I was *going* to write, so instead I'm going - as promised - to remind everyone that we're halfway through October, and thus halfway to Manservant and Maidservant posting time! I must confess, this reminder is for me as well as you, as I haven't started it yet... but I'm hoping Ivy Compton-Burnett is working her magic with some of you. I'm delighted that quite a few of you have got hold of a copy... let's do the next thing and read it. I will start it properly this weekend, I think...

And, just to bulk out this post a bit, I thought you might be interested to see what my book group are reading over the next few months. We usually decide a couple in advance, but this time we really got excited, and have planned months and months... It's a lovely, friendly, small book group - which, I'm delighted to say, Harriet of Harriet Devine's Blog joined yesterday - and we just put down whichever books people suggest, a nice mixture of new and old.

November: Impassioned Clay - Stevie Davies
December: Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
January: Immortality - Milan Kundera
February: An Equal Music - Vikram Seth
March: Miss Mole - EH Young
April: A Long, Long Way - Sebastian Barry
May: Miss Ranskill Comes Home - Barbara Euphan Todd
June: The Debt to Pleasure - John Lanchester

As always, comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment