Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Squish Game On! (Book #5) by Holm, Jennifer and Holm, Matthew –ADVISABLE

Holm, Jennifer and Holm, Matthew Squish Game On! (Book #5)  96 pgs. Random House Books for Young Readers, 2013. $6.29.  Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: G.
Squish’s best friends are into a new video game called Mitosis. Squish becomes addicted, giving up sleep, and ignoring his homework. Readers also get the continuing story of Squish’s favorite comic book hero, Super Amoeba, who is fighting black mold.
I have to admit that I really didn't like Squish when I read another book from this series, but it has grown on me. It’s a popular request from students, 3-4thgrade boys. I loved this one because Squish comes to his own conclusions about what excess is doing to his life. I also think students will relate to the video game and comic inclusions as well. Very entertaining!

Elementary –ADVISABLE Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment