Wednesday, October 17, 2007

How fast is superfast?

As those of you who have queried me might have discovered, I have been trying to respond to queries sent via my website's submission form as they come in. I've gotten a few angry responses with suggestions that I didn't actually read the query - which of course is not true. I promise, I have no automatic rejection set up. In fact, in the past two weeks I've made offers of representation to two writers who submitted to me via the submission page form. However, I've also gotten some nice (and funny) responses from people who appreciate hearing back so quickly. Here's one...



About TITLE OF BOOK....

That rejection letter was lightning fast! Thank you!

AUTHOR NAME

The sender strenuously insists that there is no sarcastic intent in the above email. In fact, the sender looks forward to getting any response, whether it’s good or bad. An “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?” twenty minutes later is a thousand times better than an eternally empty Inbox. The sender is genuinely impressed with your promptness, for it far surpasses any other rejections to date. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment