Thursday, April 23, 2009

New Query Policy

Starting today Lyons Literary LLC has a new policy regarding queries. 

I still will only accept queries sent via the electronic submission form found on our website; queries sent in any other manner will not be responded to. Assuming you fill out the submission form properly (i.e. provide a proper return email address) and your spam blocker allows it, you'll receive a confirmation email from the agency that your query has been received. 

If you don't hear from us within three weeks of sending the query (besides our initial response confirming receipt) then we are passing on the project. If I'm interested in seeing more (likely either the first thirty pages or a proposal) I'll write you back before then.

Finally, if you've sent me a query using my submission form before today then you'll still hear from me at some point, though I'm admittedly still far behind on these. 

I hope this addresses the most significant concerns of aspiring authors, but let me know if you have any suggestions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment