Sunday, May 2, 2010

Persephone Reading Week

Happy Bank Holiday to those it affects - and Happy Persephone Reading Week, which is just kicking off! Thanks to Claire and Verity for organising it. For those not in the know, we'll spend the week reading as many or as few Persephone Books as we can, posting reviews and thoughts and competitions etc. - all in praise of that very wonderful publisher. In the incredibly unlikely event that you don't know who Persephone are, see more here.

So, this post is to see which Persephone Books you're planning on reading? I was going to be all spontaneous,
but got less so as I thought about it. I'm definitely re-reading Miss Ranskill Comes Home by Barbara Euphan Todd, because my book group are discussing it in a fortnight's time. I'm keen to read Little Boy Lost by Marghanita Laski, and it's getting ridiculous how often I've intended to read Saplings by Noel Streatfeild. What with Jude the Obscure on the go, that might be more than enough for the week... we'll see.

Let me know if you're joining in (those four of you who I already know won't be, don't worry about letting me know!) and which books you're considering... or if you fancy a recommendation, I'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment