Monday, September 12, 2011

Book Bloggers Appreciation Week

I've spotted a few bloggers celebrating Book Bloggers Appreciation Week, which has rather taken me unawares this year. I wasn't sure how I would celebrate it - I hope that Stuck-in-a-Book is a fairly frequent supporter of other bloggers, old and new, since the community aspect of blogging is one of my very favourite things.

So, I could pick out some of my favourite blogs and bloggers this week... but, instead, I'm going to ask you to do it. And it comes with a prize. Whilst I was at lunch with my friend Andrea today, I spotted two lovely 1931 copies of Helen Thomas' wonderful biography As It Was. She was the wife of poet Edward Thomas, but you don't have to know anything about him to enjoy this book and its sequel World Without End (which sadly wasn't in the shop) - I certainly didn't know anything about him before reading this. Anybody with an interest in early twentieth century Britain will love this memoir. For a full review of the book, which is on my list of 50 Books You Must Read, click here. To find out how to win a copy, keep reading...


I had thought about simply having a draw and offering two copies - but I've decided to do things a bit differently. I'd like you to tell me about a blogger you love. They can be one you've been following for years, or only discovered this week. Perhaps they're simply somebody you think would appreciate the book. The winning entry will secure a copy of As It Was for you, and for the blogger you nominated! And it's open worldwide.

If you to participate but don't fancy the book, that's fine, of course - just say so in your comment. Let's spread the blogging appreciation, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment