Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Cheerful Readalong

I adore Julia Strachey's novel Cheerful Weather For the Wedding - more here - and I was very excited when I found out that a film was being made.  It was going to cinema, then straight to DVD, now I think it's back on for the cinema.  I was excited, but with some trepidation, as it struck me as the sort of book which might not translate well to screen.  It's so dryly, bitingly funny, and not at all serious.  But I'm impressed with this trailer, and think they might well have caught the tone...



I'll be re-reading it before the film comes out, and wondered if anybody fancied joining me for a bit of a group read in January?  All very informal - just post a review when you want to (in, say, the last week of January) and I'll have a discussion here.  It's very short and very good - although does divide people quite a lot, so should be interesting to discuss.

Let me know if you're interested!  A Persephone edition is available, indeed two Persephone editions are available, as it got the beautiful Persephone Classics reprint treatment.


Fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment