Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Play's The Thing

The review I intended to write today hasn't happened, as editing a chapter of my thesis has taken over my life, but in preparation I shall ask you... what is the best performance you have ever seen on stage?

It has to be a combination of great play and great cast, of course.  And to a large extent it's a subjective assessment.  But I'm going to pick All My Sons, which I saw with David Suchet, Jemima Rooper, Zoe Wanamaker, and Stephen Campbell Moore.  Suchet, especially, was astonishing.  My thoughts are all here...

I'm recycling my theatre cartoon...

So, I'll be talking about plays tomorrow (or, ahem, soon)... and if you follow me on Twitter - @stuck_inabook, thanks for asking - you might be able to guess which book it'll be!  But... over to you!  Tell me about your experiences at the theatre!

No comments:

Post a Comment