Saturday, April 28, 2007

Not Just Narnia...


Yesterday I got a nice postcard and letter in the post from a regular correspondent, my aunt Jacq - I've put up a photo of the postcard. It is brilliantly apposite for Stuck-in-a-Book, and appears to have been bought in Berlin - I do hope Jacq didn't make the trip to Germany especially for me. I rather think not.

We've exchanged letters for five years now, and through that time have often set each other Literary Challenges of some sort or other - I thought I'd share this one. Have done my best (which turned out not to be very good) without resorting to good old Google. So please do give a hand, but only if you know them already - let's not cheat just yet!

Ok, the challenge is this - all of these are fictional places, or real places used in literatu
re. Who are the authors?

I only got 13. Oo, exactly half.

Archenland
Brobdingnag
Cranford
Dune
Erewhon
Frenchman's Creek
Gormenghast
Hogsmead
Ishmaelia
Judas College, Oxford
Kenilworth
Loamshire
Mariposa
Neverland
Oz
Puddleby-on-the-Marsh
Quarne
Ruritania
St. Mary Mead
Troytown
Utopia
Villette
Wigan Pier
Xanadu
Yell'ham Bottom
Sector
ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

No comments:

Post a Comment