Monday, June 25, 2007

Rocky Balboa and Rudy T

There are those agents that submit your book to twenty editors and then drop you and the project if it doesn't sell, and then there are those who stick with you no matter what. In general, I've always tried to be the latter. Let me tell you though, it ain't easy to do. It's heart-breaking, expensive (since we don't collect on expenses until we sell your book), and unbelievably time-consuming, and since the break-through deal is usually not for that much money, there's very little initial pay-off.



Now I'm not saying it's any easier for the author. In fact, I imagine its quite a bit harder (especially on the "heart-breaking" front). But the bottom line is that pain heals, while quitting lasts forever. In honor of this, I'm going to solicit from a few agent friends some of the more extraordinary and heroic agenting stories and post them on this site.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment