Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rachel Morgan v. Anita Blake

Lately I've been devouring paranormal mysteries in obscene amounts. I don't envision representing more than a few clients in this genre, but its something I really enjoy to read in my spare time. I love the limitless story lines, the creativity of the different worlds, and the moral complexity that fantasy characters can bring to a book just by their paranormal nature.

Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files is far and away my favorite series, but I'm also a fan of Kim Harrison and Laurell K. Hamilton. I've been debating which I like more, but after a bit of thought I realized that Harrison wins. The writing is superb in both series, and Rachel Morgan and Anita Blake are both awesome characters, but ultimately, I just love Harrison's world a little more. How could I not when it was a genetically tampered tomato that led to the spread of a disease that wiped out half the human population? I've always been suspicious of tomatoes (at least in their raw form).

No comments:

Post a Comment