Saturday, November 10, 2007

To Goring We Will Go


A very fun day had by all today - to celebrate my birthday, and my friend Mel's birthday, we took 15 people off on a Road Trip. Except this trip was by train. We went to Goring, a pretty village in Oxfordshire, had a little ramble and ate an excellent meal in The Bull. This pub was actually in Streatley, over the river, and thus in another county. Gosh, did we travel. Always nice to be in the countryside - though I was slightly chastised for one thing. On an outing with many friends, in part a celebration of my birthday, I still brought a book in my bag... well, for emergencies! Anything could have happened.

Will let you know the scrummy books I got for my birthday another night. Still a few more to wing their way in, actually - I do like protracted birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment