Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Latest

I like to keep an eye on what people are reading, always good for suggestions and just to know what's what - so today I'm simply throwing open the question: what was the last book you bought? Either in person, or which arrived through the letterbox.

And how did you hear about it? A trusty author, a new recommendation, or a complete impulse buy? None of the above?

I'm quite excited about my latest purchase, which arrived in the post this morning - Observatory Mansions by Edward Carey. I loved his novel Alva & Irva last year (and wrote about it briefly here) but for some reason hadn't got around to buying this, his first book.


The cover pictured is the one I have, but there is also a more haunting edition which has lots of outstretched hands on top of one another. Ooo. This one is jumping to the top of my reading pile, so you should hear about it soon - otherwise more info, including a fairly comprehensive review, is at the book's Amazon page.

More importantly - do let me know your most recent purchase, with as many details as you'd care to give! A later post will probably be devoted to your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment