Friday, July 2, 2010

Stuck-in-a-Book's Weekend Miscellany

As promised, I won't leave you without a book, a blog post, a link. And I should have time to create a post about the books I'm taking on holiday...

1.) The book - is Remember, Remember by Hazel McHaffie, which the author recently sent me for review. McHaffie is an expert in medical ethics, but turns her hand to fiction-writing with this novel about a lady with Alzheimer's and her daughter... and family secrets being unearthed. Sounds really intriguing, and has a lovely cover to boot.

2.) The link - I'm spoiling you; there are two, because one of them might only be available in the UK. Thanks Carol N for mentioning this link to a BBC documentary about literary editor and memoirist Diana Athill called 'Growing Old Disgracefully'. And thanks abebooks for doing a fun feature on 75 Years of Penguin. Plenty to keep you amused there... (photo credit)


3.) The blog post - is my Mum/Our Vicar's Wife/Anne's blog, which I don't mention enough here. Go and be welcomed to July by Mum with this post! It's a Windows Live Spaces blog, so commenting might be tricky, but *hopefully* viewing is possible for all...

No comments:

Post a Comment