Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BAFAB Week!


I'd forgotten, until I headed over to Cornflower today, that it's BAFAB week! For those uninitiated, that's Buy A Friend A Book - so you all have until the end of the week to put your name in the comments here, and one lucky winner will be sent a fantastic book. Usually I've asked the winner to pick from my 50 Books You Must Read But May Not Have Heard About, but this time I have another trick up my sleeve...

Patch is currently in talks about resuming his role as name-picker. He is unavailable for comment, but early rumours suggest that he will be continuing in a role of some variety.

To make entering your name even more fun, and with a slight twist on Karen's, and even with a theme - when commenting, please also say the best book you've ever been given as a present. You can say who gave it too, if y
ou like. What's mine, I wonder... I think mine will have to be Five Get Into Trouble by Enid Blyton, which was also the first book I ever read 'by myself' (I have my doubts as to how independent this was - I remember Our Vicar's Wife reading a page, then me reading a page, then OVW reading three or four pages because we couldn't wait to find out what happened... I daresay she'll confirm or deny this!)

Well, there you are. Please pop your name in the hat, even if you've never been to this blog before! All welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment